Monday, April 13, 2015

How The Heavens Do It

I made love to the known universe and it wasn’t easy
as what I could fathom as lover appeared
as a two faced moon & sun
one to the east, the other ever facing west
And sexual escapades were reductive
down to mere attempts at birthing nebula fish eggs


the sun, ever trying to get up his heat,
but the challenge is to not sear the female
into another Beatrice redacted in orange


And the moon face left craters in my skin
where our dimples did not quite parallel each other
her mountains on my plateaus,
her canyons crashing into my black hills


Then came their harem of constellations
and my cum cannot find enough
of it’s own bravado to infiltrate Virgo
or even Cancer and Ursa Major left me tattered and bent
but ready to fall into dippers that are fountains
draining into galaxy’s ambiguous black dot of a center
I am a salmon amongst stars
But I am the only one that dies for painting the sky a bruised purple,
an infernal red,
and for what? A school of suns and cracked out planets

I will never know

No comments:

Post a Comment