Monday, September 14, 2015

Etched Facets Along The Strasse

I faced away from the window
but the blinds were projected onto
the inside of my glasses
trying to make a spectacle out of
AM nothings

sunlight filters in, a dance
I’ve long since grown
used to
as it shines in a pirouette circle upon a carcass
we called it a feast
but it was a extermination
of a pest in my bed
wearing my skin


I once went outside to discover
that changelings were the new vogue
Bodies along for the ride
while our eyes read the story
of a nativity in which the infant DOW
was hallowed, wrapped in streamers of Nasdaq,
and endless marquee of wealth, lined in the thread blood
of our veins

I sit on my patio, drinking my share of imported blood mocha,
and wonder how does one’s skin always return it’s shape,
with so much writhing always undoing its attempts to reform into self
as the beast that longs for more tries to always remodel it’s design
waiting to see
if you could at least
somehow bargain to get your eyes back

in the divorce proceedings.

No comments:

Post a Comment